Aching, tingling or numbness in the wrists, hands and fingers? It could be the early signs of arthritis or it could be carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), which has similar inflammatory symptoms. In fact, arthritis can be a trigger for CTS. We often associate the initial CTS with “pins and needles”, burning sensations and difficulty picking up objects.
Knowing the Symptoms and treating CTS early is the key to a full recovery; but even those whom suffer continuously can benefit greatly from Chiropractic and Acupuncture treats at Tannenbaum Chiropractic in Beverly Hills.
Being a Woman!
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a real pain and women are three times more likely to get it than men. Women are three times as likely to develop CTS. Women experience an increased risk during pregnancy, after delivering a baby and during menopause. The reason being that women who are pregnant, lactating or perimenopausal, because their hormones can cause a lot of fluid accumulation.
Does your Occupation put you at risk?
Employees whose professions require frequent repetitive motions and isolation of the joints are prime suspects to experience Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. No profession is immune, and CTS is found individuals from grocery store clerks, teachers, lawyers, doctors and sometimes even amongst physically fit individuals.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms
Pay attention to these signs and symptoms.
- Pain, numbness or tingling occurs in the fingers, hands, muscles, thumb or wrist. Often occurs at night
- Muscle weakness, spasms or loss of muscle
- Pins and needles, tingling or burning sensations
- May feel the urge to “shake out” your hand to relieve symptoms
Visit to the Tannenbaum Chiropractic to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
It might not seem like something you need to worry about, but carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is quite common, and the sooner it’s treated, the better. Early in the disorder, it’s typically reversible, but over time, permanent nerve damage can occur.
The goal Carpal Tunnel Syndrome through Chiropractic and Acupuncture will be to relieve pain without medication or surgery. Dr. Tannenbaum will evaluate overall spinal health, review daily routines and look at medical history.
- Initial therapy might include resting the affected hand and wrist, immobilizing the wrist to avoid further injury and applying cold packs to reduce swelling.
- Chiropractic joint manipulation and mobilization of the wrist and hand, stretching and strengthening exercises, soft-tissue mobilization techniques.
Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Our acupuncturist uses specific techniques to help both minimize the pain associated with CTS but also to quicken recovery time.
- This is accomplished through acupuncture treatments that target the nerve and inflammation associated with CTS.
- Acupuncture is a natural alternative we incorporate as Acupuncture can reduce pain and increase mobility.
Tannenbaum Chiropractic VS Surgery
Most of our patients who see with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome have the symptoms from work related injuries and after seeing their physician or specialist are headed towards the surgery option or time off option which many times they can’t afford to do.
Here are some benefits of our methods to treating Carpal Tunnel Syndrome at Tannenbaum Chiropractic.
- Treatments are non-surgical, NO time lost or immobility of the joint.
- Treatments allow the patient to continue working while recovering.
- Most patients start seeing immediate results after initial chiropractic and acupuncture treatments.
- Treatments include assessment, chiropractic & acupuncture treatments and massage if necessary.
- Treatments include physical therapy recommendations for at work and in-home recovery.
Surgery on the other hand requires
- Surgical procedures
- Immobility of the joints
- Time off from work
- Painful recovery time
- Lost time = Equals lost income
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Recovery
Most patients completely recover after treatment through chiropractic care, acupuncture treatments and physical therapy. To prevent CTS, Dr. Tannenbaum recommends doing on the job exercises and stretching. Take frequent rest breaks. Wear splints to keep wrists straight. Use fingerless gloves to keep hands warm and flexible. Rotate jobs where possible. Learn correct posture and use it.
If you are encountering the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome come, see Dr. Tannenbaum as soon as possible to look for solutions.
Dr. David Tannenbaum has been taking care of families in Beverly Hills for over 25 years. His has created a practice unlike other chiropractors from the moment you walk in you will feel the difference. His private office in Beverly Hills offers Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture and Massage. He believes that everyone should “Feel Amazing”!